Thursday, September 17, 2009

A New Season

Cricket is starting back soon. I’m excited. I love cricket and while I’m not very good at the game I enjoy getting up on a Saturday ready to play five or six hours of it.

It’s easily my favourite sport.

The only downside is that most of the team from last season have changed clubs or quit so now I don’t really know too many people in my team but it’ll be okay. I have six months to get to know everybody before winter comes around again.

I think I like having something to occupy my Saturdays so I can feel like I have some kind of routine to my summer. It keeps me busy and away from parties. I’m not implying that parties are bad… but I’m not really a fan of the alcohol scene.

Some may call me boring but I really don’t care. I am the way I am and I sure as hell ain’t gonna change for anybody cause as long as I’m happy, no one else matters.

I’m not sure when my first game is, but I hope it’s soon.. I’m excited to get my blue and gold kit on and get out there on the field. The wind, the grass, the ball, and the floaty white things at Pirott Park.

I CAN’T WAIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment